Introduction to HEC, Pakistan:
Higher Education Commission, Pakistan is an institute that facilitates the higher learning institutes to serve as a catalyst in the growth of social-economic development of Pakistan. HEC normally provides scholarships in ties with other countries or purely funded by itself. HEC scholarships 2014, in ties with Commonwealth Commission United Kingdom, invites applications from Pakistan / AJK nationals to pursue their studies and research in UK.
Introduction to Scholarship Provider:
Scholarship is offered by the Commonwealth Commission United Kingdom for 2014 session. This scholarship is provided for Pakistani and AJK nationals to study in UK, eventually for the socio-economic development of Pakistan as well as flourishing the Pakistani students’ ties with foreign scholars.
Purpose of Study:
Study and Research
Level of Study:
Number of Scholarships:
25th October, 2013
Field of Study:
Three areas (but not specified)
Any UK Institute
Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria will benefit from:
- Tuition fee
- Research expenses
- Admission fee
- IELTS test expenses
- Enrollment fee
Aspirant should have:
- Full time university teaching post at the time of application.
- Must provide the name of selected host supervisor or institute (in UK) to study and home institute (in Pakistan) at the time of application.
- Strong educational background and culture sensitivity.
- Pakistan / AJK nationality.
- Score at least 6.5 overall in ILETS test and 5.5. in each band (moreover, ILETS test is conducted by the British Council for the shortlisted candidates).
- In the field of medicine and dentistry, aspirants have qualified as a doctor or dentist between 1st October 2004 and 30th September 2009.
- At least second class Master’s degree or equivalent.
Final selection of institute in UK and the aspirants will be made jointly by HEC and Commonwealth Commission United Kingdom, on the basis of following criteria:
- Academic merit
- Quality of research proposal
- After this scholarship, the likely development impact the aspirant will have.
- The likely impact of their proposed research in the socio-economic development of Pakistan.
How to Apply:
Comprehensive details are available in the HEC-Application form, attached by following documents:
- Reference letters that should be in sealed envelopes
- List of publications
- Comprehensive outline of research proposal
- Completely filled on-line Commonwealth application form by Electronic Application System (EAS).
- All attested copies of required documents and annexure (as stated in HEC-application form).
- Attach the payment receipt of Rs.500 as an application processing fee (on HBL online facility, bank Account No. 17427900133401).
- All Pakistan’s nominations will be routed via HEC; direct applications to the Commonwealth commission will not be accepted.
- Females are preferred to apply.
Engr. Waheed Ahmed Mangi
Deputy Director (HRD) / In-charge FFSP / Commonwealth United Kingdom)
Higher Education Commission