2015-16 Undergraduate Scholarships in Shandong University, China

Last Updated on March 25, 2015 by Malik Waqas

Shandong University of Science and Technology (SDUST), is a renowned prestigious university of Shandong Province having unique features. It provides multidisciplinary study fields in engineering, management, sciences, literature, economics, education and law, however, gives importance to engineering and mining technology. To promote the international collaboration and exchange, since 2011 the Shandong Provincial Government has been offering Scholarship opportunities  for international students.

Introduction to Scholarship Providing Body:

The International Office (that is College of International Exchange) in collaboration with the Scholarship Appraisal Group that has the International Office staff, Teaching Affairs Department, Finance Department, relevant class representatives and colleges. To promote the international collaboration and exchange, since 2011 the Shandong Provincial Government has been offering Scholarship award for international students. Shandong University of Science and Technology (SDUST) is one of the first-group of the universities that provides government scholarship to international students.

Objectives of Scholarships:

The purpose of this International Student Scholarship award at Shandong University of Science and Technology is to enhance international support, collaboration and exchange in various study fields.

You can also apply for following international scholarships:

Liaoning Government Scholarship For International students

Jiangsu Jasmine Scholarship for International Students in China

Purpose of Study:

Study
Research

Level of Study:

Undergraduate Programs
Master Programs
PhD Programs
Visiting Students programs (One year /or more)

Number of Scholarships:

Not specified

Application Deadline Date:

January-June (annually)

Fields of Study:

Engineering,
Science,
Management,
Humanities,
Law,
Economics,
Education,
Art,
Chinese language.

Host Country:

China

Host Institutions:

Shandong University of Science and Technology

Eligibility:

  • The eligibility criteria are:
  • The candidates must follow Chinese rules, regulations and the laws, and also rules of the university; they must have good moral character and no bad record.
  • The candidates must have good and proper attitude of work, study and stand out well academically in all subjects, the score in each subject must be above B+.
  • Following categories of International students won’t be eligible for this scholarship award:
  • Those students were punished for breaking laws of China or university/college rules
  • Those students who violated moral code and those who have created bad impact;
  • Those students who failed once in examination and those who have poor records of attendance;
  • Those students who do not pay off their tuition fee promptly
  • Those students who have absence leave accumulated for more than 30 class hours because of any personal reasons.

Reward:

The percentage & Grades
These scholarship programs have three grades, which are 1st prize, 2nd prize, 3rd prize. The selection processes of these awards are organized by International Office (College of International Exchange).

The sequence is as under:
First prize provides financial aid of 5% of total number of students in a class; Second prize provides financial aid of 10% of total number of students in a class; and third prize provides 15% of the total number of the students in a class.

Full amount of financial aid will be:

  • For first prize: 1000 RMB per year;
  • For second prize: 600 RMB per year
  • For third prize: 400 RMB per year.
  • The last year of study is excluded from this activity.

How to Apply For Scholarship:

 

SDUST Application Form.doc

Term & conditions

  • The Appraisal group for this Scholarship  would assess the lists of candidates and all related materials in order to finalize the candidates.
  • The evaluation result and selection would be revealed for three days in the class, it will be sent to University for endorsement if there wouldn’t be any objection.
  • All full-time enrolled international students who are studying at Shandong University of Science and Technology

Official Links:

The official scholarship website is:

 

http://www.sdust.edu.cn

http://fao.sdust.edu.cn

Email: [email protected]

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.