Last Updated on August 12, 2022
Ireland Canada University Foundation is invited for scholarships titled Dobbin research scholarship. These scholarships are granted to applicants who are either beginning or currently engaged in graduate-level research. It’s an equal scholarship opportunity for Canadian and Irish scholarship seekers.
One thing needs to be known that ICUF scholarships consist of a short visit of two to four weeks which will benefit the scholar’s research, helps to build a new or existing academic link between Ireland and Canada, and provide the opportunity for the development of ongoing links in that research area.
Study Subject: Research will include academic and cultural links between Canada and Ireland.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for short research on cultural links between Canada and Ireland.
Limit of award: The ICUF Scholarships consist of short visits of two to four weeks.
Scholarship Provider: Ireland Canada University Foundation is the trustee of this grant.
Scholarships can be taken at: Canada and Ireland are the countries where scholarships are valid.
- The candidate must be a permanent resident of Ireland or Canada and have lived there for at least five years.
- The term ‘Ireland’ refers to the entirety of the island of Ireland.
- The visit must take place within 12 months after the award is made.
NOTE: Remember that Scholars belonging to Canada and Ireland can apply only for these research scholarships.
Let us tell you about the historical background of ICUF Dobbin Scholarships for Canadian & Irish Students. Since 1993 ICUF has awarded Dobbin Scholarships to Irish and Canadian scholars and academics whose research contributes to the rich academic and cultural links between Canada and Ireland. Craig Dobbin was a major donor who provided a big donation to lead the foundation of Ireland Canada University Foundation. In honor of Craig Dobbin, the award are named after Dobbin Scholarships.
Explore some other international scholarships:
The scholarship consists of:
The scholarship award consists of a short visit for research and is based on a duration of between two and four weeks. The precise detail of the visit is left to the scholars to decide on and arrange for themselves.
Important points of the grant are mentioned below.
For Canadian Scholarships:
- Travel expenses up to CAD 1,300 will be paid to scholars (on the transfer of receipts to ICUF), and a weekly stipend of CAD 1,000 will be paid to scholars. This will range from CAD 2,000 (two-week visit) to CAD 4,000 (four-week visit).
For Irish Scholarships:
- Travel expenses up to € 1,000 will be paid to scholars (on the transfer of receipts to ICUF).
- A weekly stipend of € 800 will be paid to scholars. This will range from €1,600 (two-week visit) to €3,200 (four-week visit), and scholars are free to extend their stay for personal or professional reasons.
An assessment panel evaluates all applications in each country. Assessors evaluate proposals to award applicants who, in their view;
An assessment panel examines scholarship applications in each country to which the candidate belongs. Assessors evaluate proposals to award applications, in their view.
- present a research proposal of high academic caliber
- The applicant needs to provide a research proposal of high academic caliber.
- Candidates should be in the early stages of their research careers.
- The candidate should propose to conduct research that will lead to increased collaboration between Canada and Ireland.
- The plan and schedule for the visit, as presented in the Application Form, will be an important factor in the panels’ evaluation.
The panels’ decisions on the awards are communicated to all applicants within two months after the closing date for applications.
After checking all applications, the decision panel will announce the name of selective candidates within two months after the closing date for application.
Procedure to Apply:
All documents relating to this application must be submitted by email, including referees’ reports and evidence of institutional support. Only applications that are submitted entirely by email can be considered.
Deadline for applications:
There are two different dates for different countries’ students, for Irish candidates, application and supporting documents must receive before 6th February 2022. For Canadian applicants its 20th February 2105.