Last Updated on March 31, 2015
Studying in Germany is a dream even for some of the best students around the world. German education system stands amongst the top ranked education providing countries. DAAD is a service that holds close collaboration with international and German educational system and exchange the talent around the world for better research based learning.
Currently, German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) offers Postgraduate scholarships for international students of developing countries at German Universities. This scholarship offers a wide range of courses in postgraduate studies for young and talented professionals. Moreover, it offers 1-2 years of specialized postgraduate degrees scholarships.
There are many other scholarships being offered by DAAD or German Government or Universities. You can check some of the top Undergraduate Scholarships In Germany or other Postgraduate Scholarships In Germany. To check scholarships in other countries, you can simply see our list of Undergraduate Scholarships and Postgraduate Scholarships.
Offered Study Fields:
DAAD provides a wide range of courses in Postgraduate studies including Agriculture and Forest Sciences, Veterinary Medicines, Environmental Sciences, Business Administration, Mathematics, Engineering, Regional planning, and Sociology.
Who can apply?
International students from developing countries including Africa, Asia, Central and South America, Pacific Islands, and Eastern Europe can apply to DAAD scholarships.
DAAD scholarships offer benefits include:
- It is offering an allowance EUR 750.00 in the form of monthly installments.
- It is providing traveling allowance, health benefits, accident, and insurance allowance.
- In addition, it is also offering annual research allowance. However, it is not offering enrollment fee and semester ticket fee, as these are extra fees charge by university.
- Applicant must come from the public or private sector of developing country and be involved in planning and implementing developmental polices especially related to technology, social, and economic areas.
- Applicant must have a 4-years Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject.
- Applicant must have completed an academic course and have minimum of 2- years relevant professional experience.
- Applicant must not old than 36 years as well as his academic degree must not older than 3 years.
- A TOEFL English course has requires of minimum 550 score paper based, 213 computer based, and 80 internet based) or have six band of IELTS certificate.
- Applicants can directly apply at the German embassy or DAAD regional office, or to the university. For Cameroon, Myanmar, and Nigeria, it is greatly suggested submitting the applications only through German Embassy.
- The applicant should submit the complete requirements for the DAAD scholarships. In addition, applicant also require to view separate detailed application information, if any.
- Applicants must have to check information related to university-specific application closing dates with German universities, as they may vary from the general deadlines listed above.
All applicants need to visit the official DAAD Website to get the complete information about DAAD scholarships.