Last Updated on April 22, 2015
DAAD Research Fellowship for American Students:
DAAD Fellowship is funded by the Leo Baeck Institute New York. The institution is a renowned for its cutting-edge research, lecture, study, and comprehensive library archiving documentation on the history and culture of German-speaking Jewry. DAAD Fellowships will be awarded to doctoral students and young academics in New York or Germany, carrying out scholarly research and dissertation work on social, communal, and intellectual history of German-speaking Jewry.
Leo Baeck Institute, New York
- Stipend of $2,000 for fellowships in New York or
- a monthly stipend of up to EUR 1,000 available for fellowships in Germany.
Purpose of Scholarship:
Level of Study:
- Doctoral students working on dissertation
- Postdoctoral candidate conducting research.
Fields of Study:
Humanities, Social Sciences
U.S. , Germany
- US citizenship
- PhD candidates or recent Ph.Ds (Applicant must have gained the degree within the last two years).
How to Apply:
How to Apply Procedure For Scholars want fellowship In Germany
You need to follow different application procedures if you have to apply for Germany and New York. If you want to complete your research in Germany or if you want to avail this fellowship opportunity in Germany, you need to follow these instructions.
First of all register at Move Portal.
Application procedure for this fellowship is online. All applications are need to be filled online. So, before you sit down to fill in the application online, you need to have following documents with you.
Explore some other international scholarships:
- Application Form
- Why do you want to conduct this research (purpose of research)
- Previous Research if conducted before (Max 5 pages)
- Complete research plan with methodology and time line to complete the research.
- Consent of Supervisor to supervise your research in Germany at the time of application
- Two letter of recommendations: these should be from professors at any North American Institutions
- Official Transcripts of all previous study levels
- Language Evaluation Form from DAAD. Download that form Here.
For detailed Instructions, visit official DAAD Website.
Once you have completed your application procedure online, you will have complete information in PDF. You need to print out this PDF, sign the last page and send to the university address given below. Send three sets. One Original and 2 Photocopies.
Remember, your application will be considered received only if you complete online application and send printed version with your signature and date on the last page.
Mail Application Material to:
DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service)
871 United Nations Plaza
New York, NY 10017
For Applicants want to apply at Leo Baeck Institute New York, USA
To apply for DAAD fellowship at the Leo Baeck Institute in New York, please submit complete applications. Follow following procedure to do that.
- Download Application Form
- Detailed note on your proposed research project
And all doctoral applicants also have to provide these documents:
- Transcripts of previous studies at undergraduate and graduate level (Should be in sealed envelope)
- Proof that you have got admission in a Ph.D. program.
- Two letter of recommendations (Should be In sealed envelope):
- One should be from your doctoral advisor,
- Other should be from some other scholar familiar with their work
Or for Ph.Ds
- Degree Proof
- Letter of recommendations from their colleagues. (Should be in sealed envelope)
Do not staple documents. Arrange them in above given order, put them in envelope and post to below given University address.
Mail your application material To:
Leo Baeck Institute
15 West 16th Street
New York, NY 10011
Tel.: (212) 744-6400
Fax: (212) 988-1305
E-Mail: [email protected]
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until further notice by uniersity of DAAD Germany.
It is recommended to visit Official Scholarship Website.
Link to Leo Baeck Institute, New York.