Last Updated on March 21, 2015
The AGBU SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM has been successful for more than 80 years for providing the higher education to thousands of talented young Armenians who are registered in top colleges and universities around the world. The financial aid is provided to students through Endowment Funds that are managed by generous donors of AGBU since the 1920s.The AGBU SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM has a great contribution to the scholastic success of talented young Armenians. It offers scholarship opportunities with financial support to full-time students of Armenian descent from 40 countries and five continents, who are registered in best academic institutions across the globe.
Presently, the AGBU SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM with more focused on specialized fields of study offers financial support to an extensive range of Armenian students across the globe.
AGBU International Scholarship (Excluding Study in the U.S., U.K., and France)
International study institutes excluding U.S., U.K., and France.
Scholarship Honors to:
The Armenian descent students only but not those Armenian students who are already registered and studying in Armenian recognized institutes, colleges and universities.
Scholarship Funded by
The Armenian General Benevolent Union (AGBU)
Bachelors & Masters
The deadline for submission of applications is 15 June 2014 for all the countries, except for Syria. Deadline for study in Syria is 15 Oct 2014
Number of Scholarships:
Offered Study Fields:
Different fields of study are offered.
Who Can Apply?
The Armenian descent students, but not those Armenian students who are already registered and studying in Armenian recognized institutes, colleges and universities.
Some more USA Scholarships:
The Scholarship grants are offered annually for college and university education costs. The candidates can apply for renewal for 5 years.
The candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria to get the AGBU International Scholarship:
- Must have Excellent academic record
- Must be in need of Financial assistance
- Must have served in Public and Community Service, particular contributed to their participation in the Armenian community
- The candidates must be registered in their degree programs in best colleges and universities in their home country with more than GPA of 3.0, as considered by the American grading system range (it excludes the students who Study in the U.S., U.K., and France).
- The candidates who are Armenians who want to study outside of Armenia qualify for the financial aid only if a main section of the tuition fees and other costs more than 75 percent or have already been protected by foundations, government and the state allowance, or by the educational institutes where they are studying.
- The financial assistance will not be provided for Transitional language coursework
The last date for returning complete scholarship applications is June 15.
The applications that will be Incomplete or received after June that will be rejected.
The applicants are advised to submit their application packages to the AGBU Chapter Office by country of their residence or country of study. However, if AGBU Chapter Office is not available in area/country of applicants, then the application packages should be forwarded to the AGBU Central Office in New York City.
The official link for AGBU International Scholarship is: