Last Updated on April 22, 2015 by Malik Waqas
The Weidenfeld-Hoffman Scholarship and Leadership Programme is offered to brilliant university graduates who are interested in pursuing their graduate studies at the University of Oxford. The successful students receive access to international standard leadership programme where students are mentored and developed as successful leaders of tomorrow. Students who have exceptional academic record and and belong to the emerging economies of Europe, including countries in Central and Eastern Europe, Russia, the Balkans, the Caucasus, the Middle East, North Africa and Central Asia are encouraged to apply.
Expected Decision Date:
Decision will be made in May 2015. All successful candidates will be notified from University directly via Email or provided method of contact. If you do not receive any information from the University after May 2015, it means your application has been rejected.
Fields of Study:
Courses available in the School of Geography and Environment and the Department of International Development
School of Geography and Environment Courses:
DPhil in Geography and Environment (Course Code: 001510), MSc in Biodiversity, Conservation and Management (Course Code: 001410), MSc in Environmental Change and Management (Course Code: 001470), MSc in Nature, Society and Environmental Policy (Course Code: 001610), MSc in Water Science, Policy and Management (Course Code: 001700)
Department of International Development Courses:
DPhil in International Development (Course Code: 002695), MPhil in Development Studies (Course Code: 002690), MSc in Economics for Development (Course Code: 002750), MSc in Refugee and Forced Migration Studies (Course Code: 002931), MSc in Migration Studies (Course Code: 001675), MSc in Global Governance & Diplomacy (Course Code: 003450)
Check Course Guidelines for each of the above course.
Emerging economies of Europe, including countries in Central and Eastern Europe, Russia, the Balkans, the Caucasus, the Middle East, North Africa and Central Asia.
- Applicant must be starting a graduate course at the University of Oxford.
- Applicant should intend to return to their countries after course completion
- Applicant must present a connection between their chosen course and career objectives
- Applicant must meet their course criteria
- Undergraduate degree is must for all applicants
- You should have a citizenship of any of the below given countries.
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Egypt, Estonia, FYR Macedonia, Georgia, Hungary, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lebanon, Libya, Lithuania, Mongolia, Moldova, Montenegro, Morocco, Oman, Palestinian Authority, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Western Sahara, Yemen.
Check out the latest UK Scholarships:
- Students already studying at University of Oxford are not eligible to apply.
- Scholarship is not awarded in conjunction with any other awards.
- Applicants applying for part-time courses are not eligible for the scholarship.
How to Apply:
- Applicants interested in the scholarship must select Weidenfeld-Hoffman Scholarship in the funding section in their Graduate Application Form at Online Application system.
- Applicants must fill up Weidenfeld Scholarship Questionnaire and submit it along with their application form.
- Applications are to be sent within the due date.
January 24, 2015
Applicants should visit official Scholarship Website.