Last Updated on March 25, 2015 by Malik Waqas
Introduction to HEC:
HEC introduces bachelor’s scholarships that is jointly offered by Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology (SLIIT) and HEC. HEC is just facilitating the project, that’s why HEC is not liable for funding concerns.
Introduction to Scholarship Provider:
The Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology (SLIIT) Scholarship program is designed by SLIIT. This program is targeted for the South Asian Development in academic concerns. This project offers undergraduate scholarships for the aspirants from Pakistan and other SAARC member countries.
Objective of SLIIT Undergraduate Scholarship Program:
- Development in South Asian region (mainly concerns for marginalized SAARC member countries)
- Strengthen the ties between the scholars of SAARC member countries.
- Developing the academic situation of the scholars of marginalized regions of SAARC.
3 to 4 years (depends on the duration of degree)
Purpose of Study:
Level of Study:
Undergraduate level studies
Number of Scholarships:
15 June 2014
Field of Study:
- Information Technology
- Systems Computer
- Systems and Networking
- Software Engineering
More Scholarships for undergraduate students:
- Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology
- Curtin University of Technology Australia (Sri Lanka Campus)
SAARC Member Countries: Afghanistan, Bhutan, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Maldives
These benefits are provided to the eligible candidates:
- SLIIT provides tuition fee exemption.
- On-campus and Off-campus accommodation will be provided to both male and female SLIIT scholars.
- Availability of 24/7 Wi-Fi for SLIIT students.
- Traveling expenses will not be considered.
Applicants should meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Aspirants must be successful at the GCE Advanced Level Examinations (London or equivalent).
- Selection is totally based on academic merit.
- Aspirants have highly proficiency in English Language.
- Aspirants must be a promising citizen who may be supposed to make significant contributions in their countries on return.
- The candidate must submit the acceptance letter from the research supervisor of the host institute.
- Preference is given to females and marginalized SAARC member countries.
- Must be mentally and physically healthy.
- Completely fill the International Student Preliminary Application form.
- Dully fill the HEC Application Form.
- Attested copies of required Education certificates and transcripts.
- Attested copy of passport.
- Copy of aspirant’s birth certificate.
- Application processing fee is Rs.300 that must be paid in HBL (Account no. 17427900133401) and receipt must be attached with the HEC Application Form.
- Keep International Student Preliminary and HEC application forms separate.
- Aspirants must cater travel, meals and other related expenses on its own.
- Candidates must incur LKR 16,000 to 24,000 as to meet their living expenses on monthly basis.
- Continuation of scholarship depends on the cumulative grade point average of the SLIIT scholar.
For posting the application sets, please follow the given address:
Deputy Director (FFSP/UNESCO-Japan)
For any further information, please email your queries on the given email address:
Email: [email protected]