Last Updated on March 24, 2015
Chevning Scholarships is a prestigious grant program for International Students and is funded by Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) along with other partner organizations around the world. The Program invites international outstanding students who have leadership potential and want to commence their studies at postgraduate level at any UK University.
Chevening scholarship was first started in 1983 and since then the award has been the most acclaimed and popular scholarship scheme in UK and around the world. Total 118 countries, the students of which are eligible to apply for these awards, are listed on the Chevening Website. However, these Awards are not for USA and EU students. Standing top among the most popular scholarships in the world, Chevening scholarship scheme has more than 42,000 alumni working at top levels around the World.
You may check other Chevening Awards:
This program is for full time or part time funding for full time postgraduate courses at any UK university.
Any UK University
Field of Study:
Chevening Scholarship Providers have not limited Chevening Scholarships to certain fields. Therefore, you can apply for any postgraduate course offered in UK Universities. However, it is better to check Chevening Scholarship Website for updated information. Available disciplines of study at UK Universities are:
- Applied Sciences Professions & Arts
- Business & Economics
- Engineering & Technology
- Environmental Sciences
- Humanities & Arts
- Life Sciences, Medicine & Health
- Natural Sciences
- Social Sciences
Number of Awards:
Chevening Scholarship scheme extends to 118 countries (Increasing every year) except the countries in European Union and United States of America. This year, this award will be granted to more than 600 international students (Number of Scholars changes every year).
Chevening Scholarship Scheme has been designed for the talented and high caliber students from all around the world. However, this award gives preference to those students who have shown or have been identified as potential future leaders across wide range of fields. These scholarships for all 118 Countries Eligible For Chevening Scholarships. You can check your country from the following regions:
- Asia – Central & South
- Asia – East & South East
- Middle East
- North & Central America
- Oceania & Pacific
- South America
Chevening Scholarships are for One Year Masters Degree. Award covers:
- Tuition fees
- Living allowance
- Economy class return ticket
- Grant for thesis or dissertation
- Monthly living allowance
- Some additional grant to cover necessary overheads
Some scholarships cover only tuition fees. Please check with Chevening Scholarship office to know what is being offered.
To qualify for Chevening Scholarships, candidate must:
- Be a resident of a Chevening-eligible country when you are applying for the Chevening Scholarship, and plan to come back there at the conclusion of the period of study.
- Have a degree, which is equivalent to at least an upper second class honors degree according to UK higher education system. Visit UK Degree Equivalency Table to see whether you meet the criteria.
- Present that you have got the minimum setChevening English language requirement.
- IELTS: 6.5
- Pearson PTE Academic: Overall 58
- TOEFL iBT: 79
- Have at least two years experience before applying for scholarships.
- Have ability to get correct Visa, and an unconditional offer from any UK university.
A Journey Of A successful Chevening Applicant:
- Research & Select Three Courses
- Apply online within given regional deadline
- Long List will be updated by 31 January
- Short List will be updated by 17 February
- Interviews will be conducted from 31 March to 18April.
- Provisional Selection by 30 May.
- Meet English Language Requirement by 23 June
- Complete Medical & Client Care forms by 15 July
- Obtain unconditional offer from UK university by 15 July
- Fulfill all scholarship terms by 15 July
- Receive & sign Final Award letter by 31 July
- Visa Application and (if required) TB screening process from home country
- Book flights in August or September
- Attend pre-departure briefing in August or September and start course in September/October
Application for 2014/2015 Chevening Scholarships is open. Deadlines are different for different countries. You should check deadline for your country on the chevening website. Please visit the link for Online Application Form. However, before applying, you should read Guidelines For Applicants and Terms and Conditions of Chevening Scholarships.
You need to contact different departments for different inquiries. Contact information of the relevant departments has been provided here.
- Enquiries About Submitting: Online Application.
- Enquiries About UK University Course: Contact Relevant University
- Enquiries About English Language Test: Contact Local English Language Test Provider
- Enquiries About your Chevening Interviews: Local British Embassy/High Commission
- Enquiries About Provisional Selection & Documentation: Check Chevening Website
- Enquiries About Immigration & Visas: Check Chevening Website
Visit Scholarship Website.