Last Updated on April 22, 2015 by Malik Waqas
International scholarships for Pakistani Students:
All subject areas are eligible, although CSC’s selection criteria would offer priority to those applicants that express strong concern to development. In addition, you request to submit an application for a course of study at UK university with which CSC has a part funding agreement.
An agency has devised for Commonwealth Scholarships in every developing country. It requests to Common wealth universities to nominate the university students for commonwealth scholarship program to CSC.
Commonwealth scholarship is offering a number of allowances and grants:
- Grant for a tuition and examination fee.
- On expiry of scholarship, student concessionary and other approved airfare to the UK and return will not make.
- The cost of journey will make before final award confirmation will not normally be reimburse, nor can fares be pay for a scholar’s dependent.
- It incorporates personal maintenance allowance per month at the rate € 917and €1134 for those students who are studying in institutions at the Metropolitan area.
- A grant for fieldwork cost for scholars who will undertake PhD studies, for whom a case fieldwork outside the UK.
- Grant for expenses of preparing a thesis, or dissertation, when applicable
- Giving allowances for married scholar, or scholar with children.
- Grants for traveling expenses within UK or overseas.
- Providing an arrival allowance, this incorporates an initial clothing allowance for scholars from tropical countries. &
- A paid mid-term fee provided for scholars for their home countries on 3-year PhD awards. Scholars, who will take fieldwork allowance for their home country, not entitled to take mid-term fare, nor scholars who will claim spouse and child allowances during this award.
- Candidate must be commonwealth citizen, permanent commonwealth resident, refugees, or British protected individual.
- Candidate must be available to start their studies in the United Kingdom by start of the UK academic year in September/October 2015.
By October 2015, an applicant must hold a first degree of upper second-class Honors or a second-class degree and a postgraduate degree that may be equal to Master.
Check out eligibility criteria of some other international scholarships:
Instruction for Application:
- Candidates must have to contact with their country’s nominating agencies/universities to start the application processes. No direct application will receive by the CSC.
- All application will reach before the deadline 4 December 2013. No application will process after the deadline. The CSC will not consider any application that does not submit through the Electronic Application System (EAS) to the nominating agency/university/university body in candidate’s home country.
It is suggesting, read prospectus to get the detailed information about commonwealth scholarship and visit the official scholarship website link given below:
Commonwealth scholarship program aims to promote the gender equity, cultural exchange, and equal opportunity.
Scholarship Funded by:
UK Department for International Development (DFID)
Application Submission Deadline:
Visit Official website.
Scholarship Study Level:
Master/PhD, Split PhD Degree
Offered Study Programs:
One-year Master program, PhD, and Split-side PhD Program
Quantity of Scholarships:
About 200-230 offered each year
Who can apply?
All students from Pakistan and other developing countries can apply for this commonwealth scholarship program.