The DAAD German Studies Research Grant provides up to full funding for a year of research in Germany for graduate students, faculty, and independent scholars. The grant can be used for research expenses, travel, and living expenses. Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents and must have a strong command of the German language. The grant is competitive and selection is based on the merits of the research proposal. For more information, please visit the DAAD website.
DAAD German Studies Research Grant Details:
DAAD offers this special program up to ten German Studies Research Grants to highly capable undergraduate and graduate scholars (that are proposed by the respective chairs) in the areas of German language and literary, cultural, political, social and economic aspects of modern and contemporary Germany. Scholarships will be provided to the undergraduates and graduates scholars from North American Universities. Aim is to flourish the German culture and language, and strengthen the ties with the International aspirants. Mutual cultural enhancement and professional enrichment are some other objectives for both the scholarship holders as well as for the hosts.
Introduction to Scholarship Provider:
DAAD University funded this program for the aspirants from US and Canada. DAAD will provide the monthly stipends and cater living expenses of the aspirants from Canada and United States. Aim of this scheme is to promote research culture from an inter and multidisciplinary perception.
Purpose of Study:
Field of Study:
- German language and literary
- German culture
- German politics
- Economic and social aspects of modern and contemporary Germany
DAAD University of Germany
- The United States
Scholarship holder will be provided by following benefits:
- Provides a lump sum amount of $1,500 to $3,000 that caters the following expenses:
- Living expenses
- Travel costs
Applicant must meet the following criteria in order to ripe the above discussed benefit from DAAD university of Germany:
- Be presently enrolled in a reputed institute in the United States and Canada
- Be studied at least 3 courses in German Studies:
- Must have completed two years of college German, in the time of applying for this generous scholarship program
- Have high proficiency in English language
- Full-time student in any Canadian or US university for at least one year at the time of application
- Have high proficiency in German language
How to Apply:
Candidate must complete the application including the following supplements. Please assemble, but do not staple any part of the application, in this order:
- Autobiographical essay in German.
- Curriculum Vitae (résumé)
- A cover letter in English of approximately 500 words stating the reason that why the aspirant wants to attend a University Summer Course.
- Pre-dissertation proposal
- Statement of aspirant’s research budget
- German language and studies courses list (that have already taken)
- A recommendation letter written by a professor in applicant’s major field of study. It should not be from the same professor who evaluates your language proficiency.
- Submit academic transcripts of all undergraduate work completed.
- DAAD language evaluation form (“Sprachzeugnis”).
Important: All applications must be handed in
- via regular mail (see address below) and
- via email to [email protected] in a single pdf-file.
In order for your application to be complete, you must hand in an electronic and a paper version of your application.