Last Updated on April 22, 2015
DAAD University Summer Graduate Scholarship:
This scholarship program, University Summer Course Grant is offered by DAAD to US & Canadian students to study at German universities in order to pursue their 3-4 week wide range summer language courses. The main focus will be on the German language cultural, literature, economic and political subject fields of modern Germany.
Introduction to Scholarship Providing Body:
DAAD is offering scholarships to international students to promote the global networking of German academic institutions.
Objectives of Scholarships:
These grants for students are offered in order to enable them to understand the culture, politics and literature of Germany by attending German language courses, Special terminology courses and area study courses.
3-4 months language courses
Purpose of study
Level of Study
Number of Scholarships:
Application Deadline Date:
Visit official website
Fields of Study:
Special terminology courses
Area study courses
US & Canada
You may interested to apply:
- The students ought to be the nationals of US & Canada.
- These scholarships are being offered to the students who are studying as full-time students in US & Canadian universities and colleges.
- The candidates should have got the status of sophomore standing while applying for this award.
- All the international students would also be eligible for this award, if they have studied for one year in US or Canadian universities as full-time students at the time of their application.
- The candidates should have done their German college four semesters (or have completed their equivalent languages proficiency course from any other institute). This is obligatory, so that students could be able to understand German lectures and participate in various group projects.
- The candidates should have attained brilliant academic record and good anticipated statements of their professional and academic future.
- Those students will also be considered who have keen interest in European or German languages as academic or professional reasons.
Minimum 18 years
- The Scholarship opportunities will be given for at least three weeks duration.
- The scholarship award will give financial aid of €850 that includes tuition fee, rooms and board either in part or as a whole.
- The host institutions would provide accommodations. Additionally, DAAD would offer subsidy for international traveling, the amount will be: €300-450.
How to Apply For Scholarship:
- The application forms should be done online, the printouts of the application forms along with the signatures of the students and any other related documents should be sent to DAAD New York.
- All the documents should be provided in duplicate copies, except the letter of recommendation. Without duplicate copies, the document will be rejected.
- A description in English statement of about 500 words that should elucidate the reasons students wish to get admission for a University Summer Course.
- The candidates need to provide a letter of recommendation written a professor in the required field of study.
- The candidates need to provide the official transcripts of their post-secondary education.
- The candidates need to provide their language assessment form of DAAD.These forms ought to be signed by German Department’s faculty member.
Terms & Conditions
Incomplete documents would be rejected.
The official scholarship website is:
- DAAD New York Office
- 871 United Nations Plaza
- New York, NY 10017
- Phone number: (212) 758-3223
- Fax number: (212) 755-5780