Last Updated on March 25, 2015
Introduction to Scholarship:
The award is offered by HEC in collaboration with French Government to 90 needy young people particularly who belong to underdeveloped areas (FATA, KPK, Southern Punjab, Baluchistan, and Northern Sindh) of Pakistan to get their education in Pakistan’s top universities / institutions.
Introduction to Scholarship Providing Body:
The scholarship award is offered by HEC/Government of Pakistan. HEC (Higher education commission) is an autonomous, independent that provides funding, regulates and oversees the higher education promotion in Pakistan.
Objectives of Scholarships:
The purpose of this scholarship program is to give equal opportunity to the brilliant students who are who are financially underprivileged and are not capable of paying higher education expenses at higher education institutions/universities. These scholarship opportunities would provide support in grooming and learning opportunities for the students of middle and lower middle class who would be able get better business and job opportunities after having completed their education. This program would also help in poverty alleviation.
You can apply in following scholarships for college students:
4 years for undergraduate level
2 years for graduate level
Purpose of Study:
Level of Study:
Number of Scholarships:
Application Deadline Date:
Fields of Study:
1. Business Administration, MBA (2 years) & BBA (4 Years) program
2. Social Sciences, Graduate (2 years) & Undergraduate (4 Years) program
3. Architecture, Graduate (2 years) & Undergraduate (4 Years) program
Selective Institutions with d:
Six universities and institutes are selected for this scholarship program, detail of universities with last date to apply:
- Qauid-i-Azam University, Islamabad | Last date to apply:
- Sardar Bahadur Khan Women University, Quetta
- Institute of Business Management, Karachi
- COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Islamabad
- Government College University, Lahore
- Institute of Management Sciences, Peshawar
- Financial aid & this award is offered to study at undergraduate & graduate levels at the selected Pakistani universities in the approved disciplines.
- Students will have to get admission in the prescribed study field at the participating university according to admission policy of the university or institution.The students must be registered in Undergraduate program (for 4 Years) and Graduate program (for 2 Years).
- Those students are eligible who would register in first professional year in their selected courses provided by the participating institutions.
- The candidates would be eligible if they are needy for this scholarship as it will be evaluated by their financial situation of family.
Financial aid covers:
- Living expenses,
- Full tuition fee and cost of transportation,
- Books allowance
- Other supplementary requirements of the student.
How to Apply For Scholarship:
The eligible students can get Application Forms from the Financial Aid Office that is available at the participating Institution or university . The forms can be downloaded online as well.
The Scholarship Forms must be submitted to FAQ office after completion.
Students will have to get admission in prescribed study fields (that are: Social Sciences, Business Administration & Architecture) at the participating Institutions after fulfilling the admission criteria.
Terms & Conditions
- Financial Assistance Forms( FAF) / Application forms are available at website of participating university. These forms could be submitted to the Financial Aid offices / Focal Persons of the selected university.
- The Institutional Scholarship Award Committee (ISAC) will review received data from “Financial Assistance Form” and supporting documents of the potential candidates.
- ISAC includes members from the institution and also from external community; it is run by the Vice Chancellor of the participating institution who would guarantee the neutrality and clarity of the process.
- The ISAC is responsible to recommend selected candidates to HEC Scholarship Management Committee (SMC).
- The recommended students are presented to Scholarship Management Committee (SMC) that finally endorses thorough review.
- The SMC have top Executives of HEC, the representatives who are from participating institutions, the renowned scholars and also a senior member from Embassy of France, Islamabad, Pakistan.
- After selection of the candidates the grants for students will be transferred to participating institutions for expenses of students.
- Download Financial Assistance Form
For Further Details, visit HEC Pakistan Website
You can also Email