Last Updated on March 24, 2015 by Malik Waqas
Introduction to SAARC Chair:
HEC Scholarships 2014 for SAARC Chair is a part of scholar exchange program made in SAARC Summit 1989 by the heads of States and Governments. SAARC Chair is an opportunity for University Teachers from SAARC countries except Bangladesh to be head the SAARC Chair In University of Bangladesh. Chair holder will take part in academic activities such as teaching, research, seminars, etc and will also help the host organization in systematizing different academic quests.
You can apply for following international scholarships:
Introduction to Scholarship Provider:
Scholarship is jointly offered by University of Bangladesh under the SAARC Chair, Fellowship and Scholarship Program offered by the SAARC member countries. SAARC Scholarships started in 1989 as an initiative to provide an opportunity to young students and scholars.
Objective of SAARC Chair, Fellowship and Scholarship:
- Promotion of solidarity, unity, peace and understanding among the people of region
- Meeting the needs of social and monetary expansion in member estates
- To encourage scholars to achieve more and ultimately contribute to the benefits of SAARC region.
Duration: 6 Months
Purpose of Study: Research, Word
Level of Study: Post Doctoral
Number of Scholarships: 1
Application Deadline: 31 December 2013
Field of Study: Not Applicable
Host Countries: Bangladesh
Host Institutions: Any Bangladesh Institute
Eligible Countries: SAARC Member Countries:Afghanistan, Bhutan, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Maldives
- Maintenance Allowance and it shall never be below than the scale the scholar from host country takes while staying at the same level. Instead the allowance should be:
- 20 percent more than applied scale in the host country
- 20 percent more than the scholars own institute.
- Stationery and Books grants for scholar and it will be 5000.00 Taka.
- Travel allowance for travelling in Bangladesh of up to 10,000.0 Taka.
- House rent of Taka 20,000.00 per month.
Candidate should be:
- Full time university Professor
- At least 15 years professional experience
- Proven track record of scholarships and reputations.
Terms and Conditions:
- Scholar will have to reside in the Bangladesh during chair period
- Air ticket shall be from sending government.
- Final Decision about Chair will be made by University Grants Commission Of Bangladesh
How to Apply:
All applicants should contact their relevant higher education department in their countries. However, all applications should read to the University Grants commission of Bangladesh. Different countries might have different procedure for application.
In Pakistan, Higher Education Commission governs these scholarships. For further details about these scholarships, fellowships and a Chair, please visit higher education website.
- Download Application Form
- Fill In General Details
- Provide List of Publications
- Name Two References
- Brief Outline of Proposed Plan of Work
- University/Institution Preferences. Write 3 names according to priority.
- Any comments if any.
- Send application to University Grants Commission or contact Higher Education Commission in your country.