Last Updated on March 20, 2015
The Hubert Humphrey award is a non- degree fellowship of a year in USA in professional fields to establish a good sense of knowledge among international students willing to take courses in the offered field. The individuals do not have to choose or search for the suitable university for them but they are assigned and sent to universities by the organizers suitable to their interests.
The Hubert Humphrey fellowship For international students.
All the interested individuals will be sent to eighteen different universities on the panel to update their knowledge in their respective fields.
Scholarship Honors to:
The scholarship will be provided to students living in the following region:
Sub- Saharan Africa, Europe, Middle East and north Africa, East Asia and Pacific, south and Central Asia and lastly Western Hemisphere.
Scholarship funded by:
Scholarship will be funded by the government of USA for short fellowship courses I different universities of USA.
Following majors are offered by the USA government.
- Agriculture and rural development.
- Communications/ journalism
- Economic development
- Education administration, planning and policy
- Finance and banking
- Higher Education Administration
- HIV/AIDS prevention and policy
- Human Resource Management
- Law and Human Rights
- Natural Resources, Environmental Policy and Climate Change
- Public health Policy and Management.
Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention.
Substance Abuse Management Treatment and prevention.
Teaching of English as a foreign Language
Urban and Regional Planning
Technology Policy and Management
Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration.
Note: all the above mentioned short courses are available and fellows will be sent to universities based on the chosen course.
The applications are received from May till September of every year.
The next course will be starting in the September of 2015
Number of Scholarships:
A number of 160 to 190 scholarships are given each year to put together the best of abilities from all over the world.
Offered Study fields:
The offered study fields are mentioned above and fellows must also check the link and website provided below for further details and FAQ’s
Who can apply?
International students belonging to the regions mentioned prior in the list.
Provided benefits will include:
The fellows will be given scholarships for fees and tuition fund for the course along with the accommodation and traveling fees, expenditure on the field and study trips will also be taken care by the scholarship fund, medical insurance, one time computer facility, internet facility. And onetime funds to first settle in the new place.
- Individuals must have following abilities and documents in order to apply for the scholarship.
- An Undergraduate degree from a respectable university.
- At least five year experience in a professional field
- Leadership qualities.
- A community service certificate or experience in public service in the local community.
- The applicant must have Strong spoken and written English skills.
- the applicant must not be a resident of USA or someone who has already stayed in US for a long period of time.
Guidelines and information for Application:
Applicants are advised to check for the actual deadlines according to their country from the scholarship granting embassy nearest to them as every country has a different system but roughly applications are no longer accepted after 1st October of every year.
Following links are suggested to be visited to get answer to how to apply for this scholarship.