ICDD is an international firm located at the University of Kassel, Germany and has links in Africa, Latin America and Asia. This institution helps students in developing country get international education and also improve the economic and agricultural state of country through the research. Students after gaining knowledge from the affiliated university can help improve the work conditions of all the underdeveloped countries and cities of their respective homelands.
Name of the Scholarship:
ICDD PhD Scholarships for Pakistani and developing country students.
ICDD has partner institutions around the globe in those institutions applications will be accepted and students will be placed either in the head office that is University of Kassel or at the following partner institutions. Different institutions associated with ICDD have different number of scholarships.
- 8 places are at the university of Kassel, Germany in the political and agricultural sciences discipline.
- At the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), India 2 scholarships will be granted in the Social Sciences studies.
- In the field of economics 2 scholarship at the Universidade Estaduale de Campinas (Unicamp), Brazil.
- 2 in the field of Sociology at the University of Witwatersrand (Wits), South Africa.
- In agricultural sciences 2 awards will be granted at the University of Agriculture Faisalabad, Pakistan.
- In Mexico at the Universidad Autonama de Yucatan (UADY) in the field of Agricultural sciences 2 scholarships will be granted.
- And also 2 at the Egerton University, Kenya in the discipline of Agricultural sciences.
Scholarship Honors to:
Scholarship will be granted to students who have achieved a master’s degree in above mentioned subjects with high CGPA. This scholarship will only be granted to students who belong to emerging countries.
Scholarship funded by:
ICDD will provide the funds for scholarship.
Offered areas/ Disciplines:
Three types of programs will be offered for PhD by the Socio-Ecological research for Development Grad school in which students must be interested in building strategies for the empowerment of decent work through which informal labor/ workers will be provided good standards the research work will be based on such groups. Secondly by promoting Instruments for descent work through these, applicants will be able to analyze instruments in the real life situations such researches will help in the upbringing of less fortunate. Thirdly a group of Sustainable value creation for decent work in which proper resources will be generated by students to help people travel, import goods and services, transferring money, information, food, water and other nutrition based things.
Applications will only be welcomed before 15th November 2014.
Number of Scholarships:
A total of 20 scholarships will be awarded to PhD students for their studies. Only those applications will be accepted that are sent by students living in emerging and developing countries.
Who can apply?
Students who belong to Pakistan and other developing countries, only those students can apply who have a MA/MSC degree in the above mentioned areas that is internationally recognized.
Provided benefits include:
The scholarship will cover all the monthly expenditure of the scholar for four years the grant will be given in the specific country currency in which the student will take admission. Scholarship will also cover all the travelling expense from south-north and south- south if needed only for research purposes. The scholarship will be provided for four years and will be continued after first year only if the student’s work is excellent.
Requirements of the scholarship:
Student must fulfill the following criteria:
- An excellent academic record in the MA/MSC degree from a well renowned institution
- A cover letter which explains why do you want to study abroad and why do you deserve the scholarship.
- Proof that you are aware of English Language very well.
- A letter from ICDD professor who will recommend you for the scholarship.
- An abstract or a draft of your previous research based on 1500 characters.
- A synopsis of PhD research question based on 2000 words.
Guidelines and information for Application:
Application must hold all the important documents that are required for the scholarship along with the recommendations.