Last Updated on March 20, 2015
The respectable Prime Minister of India (during the India Africa Forum Summit which was held in New Delhi in April 2008) had proclaimed the initiative of the Government of India to improve the educational opportunities for African students by increasing the number of the Scholarship awards for them in order to get Undergraduate, Postgraduate and higher degrees in Indian Universities & Institutions.
Indian Government Scholarship Award for African Students
Indian Universities and Institutions
Scholarship Honors to:
The International students who belong to Nigeria, Benin, Cameroon, and Chad
Scholarship Funded by:
Government of India
31 Jan 2015
Number of Scholarships:
· 4 scholarships for Nigerian scholars
· 2 scholarships for Benin
· 1 scholarship for Cameroon
· 1 scholarship for Chad
Offered Study Fields:
It offers any field of studies
Who Can Apply?
The students who want to get their undergraduate, postgraduate degrees from the above-mentioned selected countries
- For Undergraduate Courses such as (BA/B.Sc./B.Com/BBM/BCA/BBA/B.Tech Etc.): the amount of monthly grant would be 4,500 Rupees.
- For Postgraduate Courses such as (M.A./M.Com./MBA/MCA/M.Sc./ME/M.Tech etc.: the amount of monthly grant would be 5,000 Rupees.
- For Research Courses such as M. Phil/Ph.D./D.Lit.: the monthly grant would be 6,000 Rupees
- For Post-doctoral: the monthly grant would be 6,500 Rupees
- For Under-graduate: 4,500 Rupees annually
- For Postgraduate: 6,500 Rupees annually
- For M.Phil/Ph.D. in the field of Humanities: the amount of the grant would be 12,000 Rupees annually
- M.Phil/Ph.D. degrees in Science and Technology/M.Tech/ME: the amount of the grant would be 12,000 Rupees annually
- For Post-doctoral studies in the humanities: the amount of the grant would be 15,000 Rupees annually
- For Engineering, Medicine, Technology: the amount of the grant would be 15,000 Rupees annually
See more international scholarships:
Grant for House Rent:
- The amount of allowance for the cities of Delhi, Bangalore, Kolkata, Chennai, Mumbai, Hyderabad & Pune would be: 3,500 Rupees monthly
- The amount of allowance for other cities would be: 3,000 Rupees monthly
The admission criteria are given in the official web page of the scholarship.Some points are:
- The successful students will be selected completely on merit
- This scholarship program is not eligible to be attached with any other tuition of scholarship
- All the candidates will have to pass the English Proficiency Test that is held by Indian missions abroad.
- The desirous and commendable students are invited to apply for Indian Government Scholarship; the deadline for submission of forms is, 31 Jan 2014.
- All the applicants must provide the copies of academic certificates and three passport size photographs along with their application forms.
- The applicants must mention specifically that which course they want to pursue, such as a certificate, a diploma or a degree.
The official website is: