Last Updated on March 27, 2015
Lanzhou University (LZU) offers scholarships to outstanding and brilliant international students from around the world, in order to promote the international higher education in China and enhance friendly relations with Chinese students.
Introduction to Scholarship Providing Body:
Lanzhou University (LZU) is established in 1909. It is situated in Lanzhou, which is the Gansu province’s capital city. LZU is under the supervision of the Ministry of Education (MOE) China. Currently it is providing Lanzhou University International Scholarships to international students.
Objectives of Scholarships:
The purpose of these scholarship programs is to provide the scholarship opportunities to outstanding scholars and international students to pursue their degrees from the prestigious higher education institutions in China.
4 years for master’s studies
3 years for doctoral studies
Purpose of Study:
Level of Study:
Master’s Degree programs
Doctoral Degree programs
Number of Scholarships:
Application Deadline Date:
Before 25 March (annually)
Fields of Study:
- Science & Engineering
- Business administration
- Life Science
- Chemical Engineering
- Physics & Technology
- International politics
- Public administration
- Regional economics
- Agriculture science
- Crop science
You can also apply:
Lanzhou University, China
- The age of those candidates who want to apply for masters scholarships programs, must be less than 35 years.
- The age of those candidates who want to apply for Doctoral Degree scholarship programs, must be less than 40 years.
- The students, who wish to apply for masters degrees, must have completed their bachelor’s degrees.
- The students, who wish to apply for doctoral degrees, must have completed their master’s degrees.
- The candidates must not be the Chinese citizens, friendly to China and have foreign passport.
- The candidates must have brilliant academic record, great character, hard-working and physically fit.
- The candidates must follow the rules and laws of the China’s higher education institutions and the University of Lanzhou.
The financial aid includes:
- Scholarship awarded students are free from tuition fee,
- Registration fee,
- Laboratory experiment fee
- Internship fee.
The living allowance for the students per month:
- For Master’s Degree students: RMB 1,700 monthly
- For Doctoral Degree students: RMB 2,000 monthly
- A rarity settlement financial support after registration of students: RMB 1500 each student
- The Students would be given complete medical insurance, and would be free from fee for medical services made in hospitals which are in affiliation to Lanzhou University or Lanzhou University have appointed.
- Lanzhou University would provide indigenous accommodation in accordance with related rules and regulations for the individual scholarship student. The university won’t take any responsibility for the expenses of family members or visitors of students.
How to Apply For Scholarship:
- The candidates must provide two photo copies of Lanzhou University’s International student’s application forms, download these forms from: http://sice.lzu.edu.cn/(Each form with one photo and student’s signature) must be printed in Chinese or English on both sides of the document.
- Attested photocopies of candidate’s highest diploma and graduation certificate in English. (Each document must be duplicated).
- The Master’s Degree candidates should submit the attested photocopies of Undergraduate Diploma.
- The Doctoral Degree candidates should submit attested photocopies of Master’s Diploma. (Senior graduates should submit their certificate that could demonstrate their expected graduation date).
- Attested copies of candidate’s transcripts.
- The candidates of master’s degrees should provide their undergraduate transcript;
- Doctoral Degree The candidates of doctoral degrees should provide their postgraduate transcript;
- All these transcripts must be in English or Chinese language.
- Duplicate photocopies of a study or research plan must be in English or Chinese.
- Two duplicate recommendation letters approved by professors in English or Chinese.
- Two duplicate copies of a Physical Examination Form by a Foreigner along with blood test reports.
- Photocopy of HSK Certificates Level 3 , that must have got in the previous 2 years, it will be obligatory if the course is instructed in Chinese language.
- The students can show their award’s copies which they received due to personal talents or accomplishment.
- download scholarship majors at:http://sice.lzu.edu.cn/
Terms & Conditions
- Incomplete documents will be rejected by University administration.
- All the documents should be written and send in print form with the student’s genuine signatures in the end.
- Unless the results of the application will not come the application documents will not be returned.
The official scholarship website:
Tel number: 0086-931-8912853?8912794
Fax number: 0086-931-8912087