Last Updated on April 22, 2015
The department of Engineering at the University of Leicester in England has initiated to offer scholarships to students who wish to undertake the Doctor of Philosophy program at the university of Leicester in the January 2014 intake. The scholarship will be fully funded and the students will be covered for all three years they spend at the University of Leicester, this will sum to £13,726 annually. The lucky candidates will study and work under the supervision of Dr. Csaba Sinka.
Through this scholarship the students will become experts when dealing with numerical modeling strategies and know how the granular skeleton works in the space with help of air flow model. The advantages of this scholarship are enormous; they range from students excelling in space exploration to environmental engineering and exercise
Introduction To Scholarship Providing Body:
The University of Leicester is one England’s most renowned and famous university with a wide variety of excellent teaching crew. It is a research based university and has great experience in the works of science and engineering. The Mechanics Materials Research Group was the first to introduce an array of methods to experiment the characteristics of powder flow and to develop the model for granular and porous materials.
Some other international scholarship:
Purpose Of Study:
Level of Study:
Doctor of Philosophy
Number of Scholarships:
Application Deadline Date:
Not specified. Open until all seats will be filled.
Fields of Study:
Visit the University of Leicester’s official website mentioned at the end for information.
The University of Leicester
The scholarship is open to both international as well as EU students.
To be considered a valuable candidate for the PhD Mechanical Engineering Studentship at University of Leicester:
- The candidate must hold a respectable and satisfactory academic background
- The candidate must display interest in the fields of computer programming and material modeling
- The candidate must hold degrees of upper class or higher second class, if not than the candidate is required to possess an equal qualification to the aforementioned degrees in the fields of engineering or applied mathematics
- The candidate must meet the English language requirement set by the University of Leicester
- The candidate must be capable enough of paying for any difference in currency rate that may hinder the tuition fee.
- The candidate must apply to study as a full time student
- The candidate is required to start studying no later than January 2014
How to Apply For Scholarship:
Prospective candidates can apply for the PhD Mechanical Engineering Studentship at University of Leicester by:
- Writing a short draft that should summarize why the candidate choose to work in this area of study and what interest the candidate to stay motivated, furthermore the candidates are also required to mention their prior research experience if they have any include brief details of related research projects if any. The draft should also include candidates listing of academics works and press releases, also those that await publishing. The draft should be up to 1000 words.
- Candidates should attach all the supporting documents that they think will be needed. You can consult Dr. Csaba Sinka at [email protected] or +44 (0)116 252 2555 if you are unsure regarding what documents should be sent. Dr. Csaba Sinka can also be contacted for any other informal query you may have.
- The candidates should either fill in the online application or they can also send in their applications via post. The early the application reaches, the moer chances of selection.
- Please note any application without a personal statement will not be processed further.
- The candidates should clearly mention that they want to be considered for the scholarship in the financial section of their applications.
Official Scholarships Website