Last Updated on March 21, 2015
CERN is European Union Organization for Nuclear Research which is established in 1952. The European Organization for Nuclear Research at CERN, the physicists and engineers are trying to search the basic structure of the universe. They make use of the world’s leading and composite scientific devices to study the fundamental constituents of matter. CERN is offering undergraduate scholarship for international students who want to specialize in administration. The training period will be 2-12 months while pursuing their degrees. The students will be provided multidisciplinary environment and they will be given opportunity to make valuable contacts with the students around the world.
CERN-European Organization Nuclear Research Scholarships for International Students
Universities and Institutes of Switzerland
Scholarship Honors to:
International students belong to CERN Member states
Scholarship Funded by:
CERN – European Organization for Nuclear Research
Bachelor degrees/scholarships for undergrad
12 Aug 2014
Number of Scholarships:
Offered Study Fields
Advanced secretarial work
Communication and public relations
Who Can Apply?
The students must be from Member states of CERN that include:
CERN undergraduate scholarships offer grants for international students:
• Travel allowance
• Agreement of association for 2 – 12 months
• Can have the Membership of the Health Insurance scheme (payment automatically will be deducted from grant).
• 40 hours/week
• Annual leave/month leave of 2.5 days
• Housing services of CERN will help in finding local accommodation; social affairs and visa services.
• 3283 CHF/month (the grant is net of tax)
• The applicant must be the national of a Member state of CERN and studying in that Member State. It includes the applicants of from:
Israel, Romania and Serbia.
• The Students who belong to Non-Member States would be eligible only if they reside in a Member State for at least 5 years and are registered in an educational institution of the Member State (at the time of the application).
• The applicants must have completed their 18 months of undergraduate studies.
• The applicants enrolled as full-time students can stay as a minimum 2 or, maximum 12 months remaining.
• The students are advised to select for the longest period in order to take full advantage of an administrative studentship.
• The students must have a good knowledge of English OR French languages.
• The applicants must have studied in the field of applied science, engineering, computing and administration.
The applicants are advised to apply for scholarships online at the official website of the CERN scholarship for undergraduates.
The applicants will be given notification before the commencing of degrees.