The Oxford-Colin R Lucas Graduate scholarship is being offered to those students (who belong to EEA countries & Switzerland) who have proved their outstanding academic capacity and desire to specialize in French History for the Graduate Degree programs at the University of Oxford.
Introduction to Scholarship Providing Body:
The Oxford- Colin Lucas Graduate Scholarships award has been set up by Oxford University through a pioneering new matched financial support program to allow the making of fully granted scholarship programs for graduate scholars of the highest competence from around the world. The University would offer 40% of grants, and 60% of donations would be offered by many supporters, including the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation and colleges of the University.
Objectives of Scholarships:
The purpose of providing these scholarship opportunities to outstanding students is to contribute to the revolutionary research work of the University and also provide their services as the world’s leaders in their respective fields by excelling in gaining knowledge.
Depends on course
Purpose of Study:
Level of Study:
Fields of Study:
Switzerland and all EEA countries, which are:
- Czech Republic
- Republic of Ireland
- The Netherlands
- The candidates must apply to start their DPhil History courses at Oxford University, specializing in the French History.
- The candidates must be the residents of EEA countries and Switzerland.
- In order to meet the eligibility criteria for course, the candidates must check the Course Guide for more information.
- The scholarship is acceptable only at Balliol College. All the entitled candidates would be carefully considered for the scholarship award, no matter of which college they prefer on their graduate application forms. But, the successful candidates would be shifted to Balliol College to get the scholarship.
- These Scholarships award would be given on the basis of outstanding academic record.
- This scholarship award will not be offered in association with any other scholarship awards.
- The students with deferred entry won’t be qualified for this scholarship award.
- 100% university and college fee
- Grants for students’ living expenses (almost £13,726).
- Awards are offered for the full-time study of a scholar’s fee charges for the approved course.
- The scholarship for those courses that would last more than a year, then the annual continuation of the scholarship is conditioned to a yearly renewal process which will be supported by satisfactory scholastic progress.
How to Apply For Scholarship:
- If the candidates are accepted for prescribed course, they must visit the official website immediately to receive the scholarship.
- The candidates will have to provide their applications for the graduate studies in accordance to the pertinent January deadline 24 Jan 2014 for the course.
- The candidates would be considered automatically for these Scholarships who applied already for the graduate studies at Oxford University.
Terms & Conditions
- If the students do not follow all of above mentioned application procedures by the deadline, they would be rejected, even though if they have selected the Oxford- Colin Lucas Graduate Scholarships award on the graduate study application forms.
- If, following the evaluation process of the January deadline applications, the department puts on a waiting list or choose to reconsider it against those applications which are received for the next deadline (14 March 2014), then these students won’t be eligible for the scholarship.