Oxford-David Jones Graduate Scholarships For International Students

Last Updated on March 28, 2015

Graduate Scholarships For International Students

The scholarship being provided at the University of Oxford in the name of David Jones is to encourage talented and outstanding students from around the globe to come to Switzerland and pursue education in one of the finest institution. The main idea behind Oxford-David Jones Graduate Scholarship for International Students is give students an opportunity to excel their capabilities and contribute in the University of Oxfords remarkable researches. The Oxford David Jones fully funded scholarship targets students who hold superb academic records and who have the capabilities of leading the world of their particular field and adding more knowledge to the existing body.

Scholarship Providing Body:

This scholarship program will be funded 40% by the University of Oxford where as the remaining 60% will be supported by the openhanded donations the university receives from various donors who support University of Oxford and the colleges affiliated with it.

The name of this scholarship is coined after one of students of University of Oxford, Mr. David Jones who graduated from the university in the year 1951. After serving different educational institutions he retired in the year 1991. Before this demise he left his estate in the name of Jesus College to support scholarships and take education to a further level, thus the Oxford Davis Jones scholarship in History are a symbol of our love and gratitude to him.

Duration: 

Initially it is one year. However, it may extend depending on the duration of the course. Please visit the official website for further assistance.

Purpose Of Study: 

  • Study
  • Research
  • Work

Level of Study:

  • Graduate Degree

Number of Scholarships:

One.

Application Deadline Date:

Nearby 24 January 2015

Fields of Study:

Any in the Faculty of History

Host Country:

Oxford, United Kingdom

Host Institutions:

The University of Oxford

You may also interested to apply

Eligible Countries:

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, UK and Switzerland.

Eligibility:

To be considered eligible for the Oxford-David Jones Graduate Scholarship for International Students for the faculty of History, the students must:

  • The students must meet the selection criteria of the selected course. The selection criteria can be viewed from ‘course guide’ provided on the official website of the University of Oxford.
  • The students must be a resident in either EEA or Switzerland.
  •  The scholarship is only acceptable at Jesus college, all the applicants will considered for this scholarship despite mentioning their preferences for particular colleges in their application form of graduation
  • The scholarship will entirely be allotted on academic merit basis
  • This scholarship does not entertain students applying for Postgraduate Certificate or Postgraduate Diploma courses, courses which are not full time, courses which are not matriculated or to candidates with delayed submissions.

How to Apply For Scholarship:

  • Students who have applied for the January intake will automatically be taken into consideration for this scholarship
  • If the students fail to meet the deadlines, they will be disqualified from the scholarship opportunity
  • If you choose another course which is different from your prior selection, you should notify the designated authorities immediately to ensure that the scholarship is stretchable to your changed courses. It is to be noted that a change in course selection may also lead to termination of scholarship

Official Website:

It is recommended to visit Official Website.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.