Last Updated on April 22, 2015
University of Leicester is giving talented students to explore the expertise of their Diabetes Research Centre by providing a fully founded doctor of philosophy program and covering up the student for the three years they will spend at the University of Leicester. The scholarship will also cover for travel and conference costs of the students.
The University of Leicester wishes to enhance discoveries in Diabetes through this program and want the world to advance by generating fresh and new hypotheses for the purpose of experimental scrutiny. With the help of this scholarship the selected students will have access to both national and international datasets that will assist them in exploring lifestyles, biochemical reasons behind chronic disease, mental health, and socioeconomic factors along with variations to different populations and ethnicity which will do wonders to their research work. The candidates will be supervised by the Leicester’s most talented and renowned professors and doctors namely Mr. Kamleh Khunit, Ms. Melanie Davies, Mr. Tom Yates and Mr. David Webb.
The scholarship will be given a chance to work with the National Institute of Health Research Leicester-Loughborough Diet, the East Midlands Collaboration for Leadership in Applied Health Research and Care (CLAHRC), and the Lifestyle and Physical Activity Biomedical Research Unit (BRU).
Introduction To Scholarship Providing Body:
University of Leicester is a researched based university based in England. It is known for its contribution in the works of sciences and engineering. The University of Leicester has a large pool of international and national epidemiological data gathered through various surveys like the Health Survey of England and other sources of data collected regionally by the Diabetes Research Centre of the University of Leicester.
You may interested to explore some other scholarships for college students:
Purpose Of Study:
Level of Study:
Doctor of Philosophy
Number of Scholarships:
Application Deadline Date:
Until All scholarships are filled. Please follow link to Apply Online.
Fields of Study:
Visit the University of Leicester’s official website mentioned at the end for details.
The University of Leicester
The scholarship is open to United Kingdom and European Union students.
- The applicants should hold either a first class or upper second class degree, if not than they must have an equivalent qualification of the aforementioned degrees
- The applicants should meet the English language requirement stated by the University of Leicester
- The applicants should have required skills to handle huge amount of epidemiological data
- The applicants should have statistical modeling skills
- The applicants should hold a Masters Degree in the relevant study field
- The applicants should be a resident of UK or EU countries
- The applicants should study as a full time student
- The applicants will be required to start with the program in January 2014.
How to Apply For Scholarship:
- The applicants are suppose to submit a write up which should clearly mention what motivates them to work in this particular field, state any previous experiences of research work, mention academic work and publishing’s if any.
- The applicants are suppose to submit all the supporting documents
- The applicants can submit their application either online or via post
- When applying online the students shall select the ‘health Sciences’ option from the respective drop down menu
- It’s a first come first serve basis, the early you apply the better
- If any application is found without a personal statement, it will not be processed further
- The applications should mention that the student wants to be considered for the Diabetes Research Scholarship program.
We suggest you to visit Official Website for More information.