Last Updated on April 22, 2015 by Malik Waqas
Canadian Government Scholarship Program:
The University of Manitoba Canada Graduate Fellowships awards are based on merit. These awards are open to all international students, those who would be listed as the full-time graduate scholars (whether Masters or the Ph.D.) at the University of Manitoba Canada no matter belonging to which nationality or which discipline. The UMGF determine the listed supplemental awards of the recipients that are supposed to be taken place with the UMGF. The Students are provided the national and international grants for the full-time studies at the University of Manitoba. The awards of UMGF are funded from the sources of University .
UMGF Scholarships for International Students
University of Manitoba
Scholarship Honors to:
Open to all students of any citizenship.
Scholarship Funded by:
University of Manitoba
Nearby 1 May, 2015
No of Scholarships:
Offered Study Fields:
The students in the fields of MS/PhD Degree are eligible to apply.
Who can apply?
- All the international students of any citizenship can apply. But the Canadian citizens can apply to NSERC, SSHRC and CIHR scholarships, however if the citizens are qualified for grants from these councils.
- The students who are eligible for Tricouncil but do not apply for the award of tricouncil might be ineligible for the UMGF.
Explore some other international scholarships:
- The grants for these scholarships are $16,000 for Ph.D. And $12,000 for the Master’s studies.
- The Students can to receive the UMGF of their Master’s program for the first 24 months and of their PhD program for the first 48 months.
- The maximum support through this scholarship for any single graduate student is for 48 months.
To meet the criteria for UMGF Scholarships for the international Students in Canada, the applicants must be eligible for following requirements:
- The Students must have GPA of 3.75 (more than B+) from a recognized university. They must have received their Bachelor degrees, Graduate Diploma Masters or the Doctoral degree.
- Follow the right admissions criteria to calculate the GPA, for instance, the previous 60 credit hours. All the international scholars are eligible for these awards regardless of their citizenship.
- The candidates are directed to have information about the particular eligibility criteria that are set by that subject Department for which a candidate applies.
All the applicants must fill the online the application forms on exact date and submit otherwise will be rejected. Check the official website given below and follow the procedure. The students should write the name of the department to which they want to apply.
This is the official website for the scholarship