Last Updated on March 27, 2015
Introduction to Shanghai Government Scholarship:
The government of Shanghai has been working hard and is now successful in introducing a program that will provide aid to international students so that they can get higher education in one of the best High Educational Institutes in Shanghai, China. Shanghai government scholarships are created by the Shanghai Municipal Education Commission.
Introduction to Scholarship Provider:
Candidates who show interest in getting international higher education are suitable for this grant provided by the Shanghai government and by the Shanghai Municipal China. The students will be referred by their host institutes for this grant after they get admission in one of the HEI’s. All the candidates will be assessed and granted the opportunity on the base of their competence and abilities. Selected candidates will be provided scholarship once a year when they’ll apply and keep their performances consistent.
Purpose of Study:
Level of Study:
Bachelors and above.
Number of Scholarships:
January (Annually). Varies According to HEI’s.
Field of Study:
Must check online in the specific HEIs in Shanghai.
Aspirants who are applying to china’s HEI’s institutes or are already studying there have this opportunity to be a part of this grant on the basis of their academic achievements. Candidates who are not familiar with HEI’s can find List here and choose to study in ones participating in this program.
Some other Chinese Scholarships:
Students living in any country can apply for the grant after getting admission in one of the HEI’s in Shanghai.
- Candidates will be accepted at the university on the basis of merit and competence.
- A complete tuition fee concession, no registration dues will be taken from the candidate and a grant for text books and relevant study material will be provided on yearly basis if students performance is consistent in following years
Note: As the tuition fee at every HEI differs from the other they must check it in the institute’s information book.
Following documents and qualities are expected from the Aspirant.
- Aspirant is required to be a non- Chinese.
- Candidates applying for a bachelor’s degree must be a high school graduates or be at an equivalent educational level and be less than 25 years of age.
- Master’s degree aspirants must be a holders of a undergraduate degree and be not more than 35 years old.
- All apprentice’s are demanded to send their applications with two professional reference letters (copy) from professor or an Associate professor.
- Aspirants who are getting in any Doctoral degree program must own a master’s degree and be less than 40 years of age. Candidates are required to send a research plan of at least 1000 words in Chinese or Mandarin.
- The application form for this grant must be filled in Either Mandarin or English language no other language is accepted.
- It is recommended to get all the documents translated in Chinese or English if not in these language.
- Documents with two photographs must be sent with other documents.
- All the transcripts must be attested and the records must include a letter that confirms the aspirant’s state of being a student.
- Students has to get through the Foreigner Physical Examination Test.
- Fluency in Mandarin or Chinese local language is expected that will be measured through a written exam.
- Those applying in Music and Art should send along pieces of their work either in CD or in any other form accepted in his/ her HEI, Shanghai.
- Once the candidates are selected they will be sent the letter stating that they are selected and after they submit sues as per the letter they will be issued visa form to fill and send it to embassy to study in China.
How to Apply:
- Download Class B form.
- Fill it and attach all the details with it here.
- Details are available at the site.
Terms and Conditions:
- Any HEI in China has not granted permission to change the field.
- Only valid photo copies will be expected not originals.